PILATES FOR RUNNERS
- Why should you do Pilates?
Running is a high impact, repetitive movement that can cause a lot of stress on your joints and having a strong core is very important especially when running uphill.
Posture is very important for a runner and Pilates exercises help create a stronger and more flexible spine and core. This can lead to positive improvements in your running and help with faster recovery from strains or injuries.
Adding a Pilates program to your training regimen results in:
- Increased core strength
- Correction of postural imbalances
- Improved endurance, breath management, and speed
- Faster recovery from pains, strains, and injuries
- Improved balance
- Pilates Benefits for Runners
Runners who use Pilates in their training routine have experienced:
- An increase in overall flexibility, strength, and balance
- Increased range of motion in the hips and shoulders
- Ability to run more efficiently and upright
- Less tightening of the neck, head, and shoulders
- Performance gains because you run and move more efficiently
It takes more than just great legs and lung capacity to be a strong runner. Pilates helps you build the strong core, back, and abdominal muscles that are critical for optimal performance and endurance as a runner.
- How can you help me get started?
We offer a 30 Min Free Introduction to Pilates
Contact Us to book your free 30 minute Introduction to Pilates and we will be happy to help you get started.
You will meet with one of our friendly Pilates instructors who will discuss your movement goals during a free 30 Minute Introduction to Pilates session and help you decide on a Pilates program that is right for your individual body and fitness goals.Contact Us
Get Started Offers
NEW PILATES STUDENTS
Let us help you get started with a Pilates practice. Work one-on-one with your own individual Pilates instructor to acheive your personal goals.Buy Now